The perfect dinner salad.
½ small butternut squash, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅛ ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup toasted slivered almonds
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
⅛ teaspoon chili flakes
1 tablespoon honey
½ medium-sized shallot, sliced
2 cups arugula
2 cups cooked Yolélé fonio
½ cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss butternut squash, olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon of salt, and pepper all together to get a nice even coating on squash.
- Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and roast for 15 min or until tender.
- In a small bowl, mix almonds, balsamic vinegar, chili flakes, honey, shallot, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- In a large bowl add arugula, fonio, and blue cheese. Add almond mix and hot butternut squash to the large bowl and mix all together until nicely incorporated. Top with parsley and serve.